On 9/15/2016 12:36 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Cc: 24441@debbugs.gnu.org, schwab@suse.de, brady@bradyt.com >> From: Ken Brown >> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:03:08 -0400 >> >>> See the bug I pointed to, where John explained that OS X filesystems >>> can be either case-sensitive or case-insensitive. >> >> FWIW, this is also true on Cygwin: >> >> >> https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#pathnames-casesensitive > > I was under the impression that most or all Cygwin users do use > case-sensitive file names. I don't know for sure, but I would guess the opposite, simply because using case-sensitivity requires reading the documentation and changing a registry entry. > But if that's not the reality, then yes, a patch to add a run-time > test for Cygwin will also be welcome. The attached patch attempts to do this for both Cygwin and OS X. I don't have access to an OS X system, so someone else will have to test the OS X part. Ken