On 2022-11-04 00:00, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > We need to establish what is the > source of SIGHUP in these cases. "These cases" mean, AFAIU, the > situations where Emacs launched an async subprocess to do native > compilation (which is another Emacs process in a --batch session), and > the parent Emacs session is terminated by the user before the async > compilation runs to completion. Would the child Emacs process get > SIGHUP in this scenario? Hard for me to say. It's a messy area, with kernels (and Emacs itself) sending SIGHUP on various whims. Does the attached patch fix things? It builds on your commit 190a6853708ab22072437f6ebd93beb3ec1a9ce6 dated 2020-12-04; I don't know why that earlier patch was installed, but it would seem to apply to SIGHUP and SIGTERM as well as it applies to SIGINT.