Dear Peter, thanks for Your fast reply. You wrote: "You can apply a change to the *shell* buffer or some other buffer in shell-script-mode whenever this buffer is not read-only." How con I change the buffer to not read-only" 2008/10/2 Peter Dyballa > > Am 02.10.2008 um 09:31 schrieb Stefan Thomas: > > When I execute a shell-script, how can I display the output not in the >> shell-buffer but in the buffer im working? >> > > Maybe this way: > > >> shell script> > > or > > >> > > which will add the script's output to the script's end. You might think of > separating std-out and std-err. Now do M-x revert-buffer, and voilà: new > contents (hopefully). > > And: is it possible in shell-mode to add text not only at the end of line >> but whenever I want to? >> > > > You can apply a change to the *shell* buffer or some other buffer in > shell-script-mode whenever this buffer is not read-only. Then you can also > apply a change wherever you want ... > > -- > Mit friedvollen Grüßen > > Pete > > Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any > direction. > > > >