On Jul 6, 2011, at 6:19 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > > I just have one data point -- I installed Ubuntu, and sending mail from > Emacs didn't work. This was also my experience, around February of this year. >> I have not observed an increase in bugs relating to mail configuration >> or requests for help to configure mail or frustration regarding the >> current default. > > Perhaps they weren't able to report the bug? :-) You laugh, but I saw this pretty frequently when I last looked; root's mbox was filled with errors, bounces, and bug reports. At the time, I was maintaining up-to-date emacs for a large distributed infrastructure (MIT), so I cared when I found `lost' bug reports stuck in never-read location. *Chad