all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Diary and Holidays
@ 2008-06-30 18:40 Chris Willard
From: Chris Willard @ 2008-06-30 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hello All,

I am having a play with the diary and calender in emacs and would like
to know if is possible to show UK holidays instead of US. If this is
not possible can I turn off the displaying of holiday?

Many thanks,

Chris.

--
oOoOo         "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire          oOoOo
 oOoOo                                                            oOoOo

* Re: Diary and Holidays
@ 2008-07-01  7:54 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-07-01  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Chris Willard; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

Am 30.06.2008 um 20:40 schrieb Chris Willard:

> I am having a play with the diary and calender in emacs and would like
> to know if is possible to show UK holidays instead of US. If this is
> not possible can I turn off the displaying of holiday?

It's both possible. The latter is true when you do not have customised

	'(view-calendar-holidays-initially t)

(although there might be some interference with diary), for the
former you need to overwrite the holidays lists, general-holidays,
local-holidays, christian-holidays (or whatever you need), and in the
end record:

	(setq calendar-holidays
	  (append general-holidays local-holidays
	          christian-holidays solar-holidays)
	)	; other-holidays ?
	(setq calendar-week-start-day 1)
	(setq european-calendar-style t)
	(setq calendar-date-style 'european)

Much, if not all, can be done via the customisation interface. The
original definitions are in calendar.el.

--
Greetings

   Pete
                       ~  o