all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Previous email
@ 2011-10-12 23:47 Perry Smith
From: Perry Smith @ 2011-10-12 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I am hitting this error:

/usr/local/src/emacs-24.0.90/src/frame.c:437:1: error: pasting "gcpro" and "1.next" does not give a valid preprocessing token

Google finds this message:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/144876

The end says "Should be fixed now".  Should I get another tar ball?  I'm trying to compiler emacs-24.0.90

I'm not set up (yet) to build from the backing trees.

In my case, I'm on AIX 5.3 with gcc 4.3.1.  I have a more recent gcc available if that would help.

Thank you,
pedz

* Re: Previous email
@ 2011-10-13  0:47 ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2011-10-13  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Perry Smith; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 10/12/11 16:47, Perry Smith wrote:
> The end says "Should be fixed now".  Should I get another tar ball?

You need a recent trunk version, yes.  There is no tarball for it
yet, as far as I know.  You can get the latest trunk this way,
but you need up-to-date build tools such as bzr:

bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk
cd trunk
./autogen.sh
./configure
make