On 2024-08-12 04:42, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > Paul, any suggestions? And can we please document the missing > time-zone assumptions? Not sure what documentation is missing, but I went through the doc for parse-time-string and iso8601-parse and found some room for improvement and so installed the attached. As for the original issue, I tend to agree with Ulrich that date-to-time should default to local time. This would need changes to both documentation and to code. Ulrich mentioned the following potential issue with this idea: > The problem is that > timezone-make-date-arpa-standard would need an explicit timezone as its > second argument, which we don't know. The code could use timezone-time-zone-from-absolute to infer a timezone. timezone-fix-time already does this sort of thing. Admittedly getting the details right could be a bit tricky, and there is no perfect solution in this area (certainly timezone-fix-time is flawed). It might be good enough, though.