all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: state of ecb activated or deactivated
@ 2004-02-16  8:54 ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2004-02-16  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

>  Hello,
>  I'm using ecb, which gets activated automatically when I start Emacs.
>  It gets deactivated (on purpose) when I start Gnus.

With forthcoming version 2.21 of ECB deactivating of Gnus should never be
necessary - ECB and Gnus should work very well together even when the
ECB-windows are visible. 2.21 will probably released this evening.

>  Now, I want to define a key-binding which activates or deactivates ecb
>  depending on the current state of ecb, but I don't know the variable for
>  that. So does anybody know it or can tell me where I can find it?

See variable `ecb-minor-mode'.

BTW: There is an ECB-mailing.list ;-)

Ciao,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

* Re: state of ecb activated or deactivated
@ 2004-02-16  8:55   ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2004-02-16  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16 Feb 2004, Klaus Berndl wrote:

>  On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
>
> >  Hello,
> >  I'm using ecb, which gets activated automatically when I start Emacs.
> >  It gets deactivated (on purpose) when I start Gnus.
>
>  With forthcoming version 2.21 of ECB deactivating of Gnus should never be
                                                        ^^^^
Should be ECB ;-) - deactivating ECB for Gnus should never be necessary...

--

@ 2004-02-16 10:23 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-02-16 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I'm using ecb, which gets activated automatically when I start Emacs.
It gets deactivated (on purpose) when I start Gnus.
Now, I want to define a key-binding which activates or deactivates ecb
depending on the current state of ecb, but I don't know the variable for
that. So does anybody know it or can tell me where I can find it?

Greetings!
--
Fabian Braennstroem
Duesseldorf/Berlin

* Re: state of ecb activated or deactivated
@ 2004-02-16 11:20   ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-02-16 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
>
>>  Hello,
>>  I'm using ecb, which gets activated automatically when I start Emacs.
>>  It gets deactivated (on purpose) when I start Gnus.
>
> With forthcoming version 2.21 of ECB deactivating of Gnus should never be
> necessary - ECB and Gnus should work very well together even when the
> ECB-windows are visible. 2.21 will probably released this evening.
But, I don't want to see it when I use Gnus. Does it turn of with 2.21
automatically?

>>  Now, I want to define a key-binding which activates or deactivates ecb
>>  depending on the current state of ecb, but I don't know the variable for
>>  that. So does anybody know it or can tell me where I can find it?
>
> See variable `ecb-minor-mode'.
>
> BTW: There is an ECB-mailing.list ;-)
Thanks!
Greetings!