all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* SDL (Simple Directmedia Layer) for Emacs?
@ 2004-02-29 14:10 Joe Casadonte
       [not found] ` <mailman.1290.1078854549.340.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2004-02-29 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

[SDL is a portable, cross-platform multi-media library.  Kind of like
 a better DirectX, but for many platforms.  Info at:

 http://www.libsdl.org/index.php ]

A two-part question, I guess.  Has anyone integrated SDL into Emacs
yet?  There is a CL front-end for it:

   http://cl-sdl.sourceforge.net/

but I have no idea how to integrate that into Emacs.  Which leads to
the second question: how do you hook in external libraries (.so for
Unix/Linux, .dll for Windows) via elisp?

Thanks!

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com

         Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.northbound-train.com
   Gay Media Resource List => http://www.northbound-train.com/gaymedia.html
            Perl for Win32 => http://www.northbound-train.com/perlwin32.html
               Emacs Stuff => http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html
          Music CD Trading => http://www.northbound-train.com/cdr.html
                       Live Free, that's the message!

* Re: SDL (Simple Directmedia Layer) for Emacs?
@ 2004-03-05 16:13 ` Bijan Soleymani
       [not found] ` <mailman.1290.1078854549.340.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Bijan Soleymani @ 2004-03-05 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joe Casadonte" <jcasadonte@northbound-train.com> writes:

> but I have no idea how to integrate that into Emacs.  Which leads to
> the second question: how do you hook in external libraries (.so for
> Unix/Linux, .dll for Windows) via elisp?

You don't :)

AFAIK you have to recompile emacs, to add that sort of code to the
C base of emacs.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>