all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problems loading ecb and color-theme
@ 2004-11-05  1:32 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2004-11-05  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

since I fetched a new CVS Emacs yesterday the entries for loading ecb
and color-theme in my site-start.el confuse Emacs.

The entries for both are:

,----
| ;;; ecb site-lisp configuration
| (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ecb")
| (require 'ecb)
|
| ;;; color-theme site-lisp configuration
| (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/color-theme")
| (require 'color-theme)
`----

When I now start Emacs I have the following in my *Messages* buffer:

,----
| (emacs)
| "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/" added to `load-path'
| Setting up cedet...done
| Setting up cogre...done
| Setting up ede...done
| Setting up eieio...done
| Setting up semantic...
| Setting up semantic...done
| Setting up speedbar...done
| Setting up cedet-contrib...done
| ECB 2.27 uses semantic 2.0beta3, eieio 0.18beta2 and speedbar 0.15beta2.
| byte-code: Wrong type argument: keymapp, nil
`----

One confusing thing is that if I only comment out both (require '...),
then start Emacs and say 'M-x load-library RET ecb' ecb works fine. The
same with color-theme brings me the same error as if the require would
still be there.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Regards,
Tassilo

* Re: Problems loading ecb and color-theme
@ 2004-11-05 11:07 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-11-05 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Nov 05 2004, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> since I fetched a new CVS Emacs yesterday the entries for loading ecb
> and color-theme in my site-start.el confuse Emacs.

Problems with the CVS version should be reported to emacs-devel (or
emacs-pretest-bugs), see the INSTALL.CVS file.

> Does anyone know what this could be?

This most probably a problem with the recent changes of easymenu, see
the threads in the emacs-devel archives (e.g. on
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Problems loading ecb and color-theme
@ 2004-11-05 14:22   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2004-11-05 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> writes:

> Problems with the CVS version should be reported to emacs-devel (or
> emacs-pretest-bugs), see the INSTALL.CVS file.

Ok.

> This most probably a problem with the recent changes of easymenu, see
> the threads in the emacs-devel archives (e.g. on
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/)

Indeed, this seems to be the cause for the trouble. I'll have an eye on
that thread.

But it's good to know that the fault is not on my side, at least this
time. ;-)

> Bye, Reiner.

Thanks a lot,

@ 2004-11-05 14:41     ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2004-11-05 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

GFrom the ECB-maintainer:

Could please open the file ecb.el and then search for the string "'("tools")".
Change this to '("Tools"), save ecb.el (call ecb-byte-compile if you run ECB
byte-compiled to make the change taking effect) and restart Emacs. If this
fixes the problem i will add the fix and upload a stable snapshout for
downloading from the ECB-website http://ecb.sf.net.

Thanks for your help,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

* Re: Problems loading ecb and color-theme
@ 2004-11-05 15:58       ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2004-11-05 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes:

> Could please open the file ecb.el and then search for the string
> "'("tools")".  Change this to '("Tools"), save ecb.el (call
> ecb-byte-compile if you run ECB byte-compiled to make the change
> taking effect) and restart Emacs. If this fixes the problem i will add
> the fix and upload a stable snapshout for downloading from the
> ECB-website http://ecb.sf.net.

I've changed ecb.el and now it works.

Thank you,

@ 2004-11-06 17:22         ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2004-11-06 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004, Tassilo Horn wrote:

>  Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes:
>
> > Could please open the file ecb.el and then search for the string
> > "'("tools")".  Change this to '("Tools"), save ecb.el (call
> > ecb-byte-compile if you run ECB byte-compiled to make the change
> > taking effect) and restart Emacs. If this fixes the problem i will add
> > the fix and upload a stable snapshout for downloading from the
> > ECB-website http://ecb.sf.net.
>
>  I've changed ecb.el and now it works.

Thanks a lot! I have added this fix to ECB and uploaded a new stable
CVS-snapshot to the ECB-website for all these people having the same problem
as you.

Ciao,
Klaus

--

@ 2004-11-07 13:17           ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2004-11-07 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes:

> Thanks a lot! I have added this fix to ECB and uploaded a new stable
> CVS-snapshot to the ECB-website for all these people having the same
> problem as you.

No problem.

BTW: Changing the easy-menu item to uppercase fixes color-theme.el,
too. I've reported this to its maintainer Xavier Maillard.

Ciao,
Tassilo
--
	"I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning!"
   	             www.fscnrw.de