all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: how do I make html-mode break on <br> tags?
       [not found] <bqrhxahv.fsf@cfl.rr.com>
@ 2006-07-23  8:42 ` Andreas Roehler
       [not found]   ` <y7uk0wxq.fsf@cfl.rr.com>
From: Andreas Roehler @ 2006-07-23  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gene Cash wrote:

> How the hell do I get html-mode to break on <br> tags?
>
> I've dicked around with paragraph-start and paragraph-separate
> for hours with no luck. The docs don't explain anywhere how the
> fill algorithm decides to break paragraphs.
>
> I'd like

> blah blah<br>
>
> to turn into:

> blah blah blah blah<br>
> blah blah blah blah<br>
> blah blah blah blah<br>
>
> when I hit M-q
>
> -gc

;; Don't no, if it's the best way, just one.

(defun newline-after-html-break ()
  "Insert a newline after any <br> in html source code"
  (interactive "*")
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (while (re-search-forward "<br>" nil 'move 1)
      (replace-match "<br>\n"))))

(define-key html32-mode-map (kbd "M-q") 'newline-after-html-break)

;; Tried this, but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

;; (defun set-paragraph-function ()
;;   " "
;;   (interactive)
;;   (if (eq major-mode 'html32-mode)
;;       (setq fill-paragraph-function 'newline-after-html-break)))

__
Andreas Roehler

@ 2006-07-23 23:11     ` Jay Belanger
       [not found]       ` <mzayzh4c.fsf@cfl.rr.com>
From: Jay Belanger @ 2006-07-23 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: belanger

Gene Cash <gcash@cfl.rr.com> writes:
> Andreas Roehler <andreas.roehler@online.de> writes:
> HAHAHA! Ya kill me! Now that's funny. Did you even read my post?

No need to be rude; Andreas was being nice and at least offered a
partial solution.

* Re: how do I make html-mode break on <br> tags?
@ 2006-07-24  7:48       ` Andreas Roehler
       [not found]       ` <mzayzh4c.fsf@cfl.rr.com>
From: Andreas Roehler @ 2006-07-24  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jay Belanger wrote:

> Gene Cash <gcash@cfl.rr.com> writes:
>> Andreas Roehler <andreas.roehler@online.de> writes:
>> HAHAHA! Ya kill me! Now that's funny. Did you even read my
>> post?
>
> No need to be rude; Andreas was being nice and at least offered
> a partial solution.

Thanks.

As the questions themselves seems worthwhile responding:

Commands `mark-paragraph' and `narrow-to-region'

exists already.

Nothing to be written so far.

@ 2006-07-25 13:03         ` Chris McMahan
From: Chris McMahan @ 2006-07-25 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gene,

I would concur with Andreas, use replace-string or read the manual.
Help from this group is not to be assumed when you have an attitude
like yours.

- Chris

--
     (.   .)