all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to get more colors in OS X's Terminal.app?
@ 2007-06-16 21:06 Stefan Arentz
From: Stefan Arentz @ 2007-06-16 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I use emacs on OS X 10.4 with Terminal.app or iTerm.app. When I change
the color for a specific face I can only use a limited set of colors:

  Possible completions are:
  black                              blue
  cyan                               green
  magenta                            red
  white                              yellow

But many more colors seem to work in other programs. Vim for example
shows many more colors when highlighting source code and I've also
configure GNU ls to show colors like grey, orange and purple.

How do I tell emacs that it can use all these colors too?

 S.

* Re: How to get more colors in OS X's Terminal.app?
@ 2007-06-16 23:00 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-06-16 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Arentz; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 16.06.2007 um 23:06 schrieb Stefan Arentz:

> I've also configure GNU ls to show colors like grey, orange and
> purple.

Could be they are high-lighted colours ...

> How do I tell emacs that it can use all these colors too?

I never managed to see more than eight colours. Plus seven or eight
high-lighted ones ... You can experiment with the prompt in *shell*
buffer!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete