all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnus as email client
@ 2010-01-28  2:06 Henri-Paul Indiogine
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2010-01-28  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Greetings!

I hope this is the correct email list for this type of questions.  If
not, please inform me of the appropriate one.

I am trying to use Emacs Gnus as an email client.   I am able to bring
in my email, however there are several problems that I experience.

The most urgent one is when I open an email and only the headers appear,
and not even the normal ones and in the minibuffer the following text
appears:

wrong type argument: stringp, remove

The body of the email is empty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Henri-Paul
hindiogine@gmail.com

* Re: Gnus as email client
       [not found] <mailman.345.1264657944.14305.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-01-28 12:10 ` Dmitry Dzhus
From: Dmitry Dzhus @ 2010-01-28 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Henri-Paul Indiogine wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I hope this is the correct email list for this type of questions.  If
> not, please inform me of the appropriate one.
>
> I am trying to use Emacs Gnus as an email client.   I am able to bring
> in my email, however there are several problems that I experience.
>
> The most urgent one is when I open an email and only the headers appear,
> and not even the normal ones and in the minibuffer the following text
> appears:
>
> wrong type argument: stringp, remove
>
> The body of the email is empty.

This looks like a bug. Use `M-x report-emacs-bug` to report it.

menu to get a backtrace when this error occurs so you can attach it to
your bug report.
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Gnus as email client
@ 2010-01-28 14:29 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-01-28 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Henri-Paul Indiogine <hindiogine@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Henri-Paul,

> The most urgent one is when I open an email and only the headers
> appear, and not even the normal ones and in the minibuffer the
> following text appears:
>
> wrong type argument: stringp, remove

You encountered a lisp error.  Most probably, you have some broken
config option in your ~/.gnus.el.  Whenever some error like that
appears, use

  M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET

and do the same again.  Then you'll get a full error backtrace which
will help to pinpoint where the error occurs.  Post it here.

Bye,
Tassilo