On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:22:47 -0300 Stefan Monnier wrote: SM> I'm apparently among the very few users who resist the temptation to SM> save their IMAP password into the authinfo file, but I find that in such SM> a case it is annoying to have to confirm the user name each and SM> every time. SM> So I think a patch like the one below would make sense (tho re-using SM> nnimap-authenticator to store the user name would work as well). Maybe it's better to use this new `nnimap-user' backend variable directly. IOW, if it's set, it should override anything from auth-source, and the auth-source search should not use `nnimap-user', just the host and the ports. WDYT? Ted