all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Reporting error to user...
@ 2013-03-03 18:58 Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2013-03-03 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I wrote blogging program in Elisp and have to report errors to users (when
required file not found or network authorisation failed).

How to report error to users?

I think that showing *Backtrace* buffer from '(error ...)' is not good way to
do this (I have filling that such behavior indicates bug or "not yet
implemented" condition in program).

(message "...") is better but sometimes another modes hide minibufer text
(like semantic when showing symbol type).

Would like to hear suggestions...

--
Best regards!