On 09/13/13 17:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Eric Abrahamsen >> Cc: 15364@debbugs.gnu.org >> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:22:11 +0800 >> >> It seems the problem is more complicated. You're supposed to put your >> custom phrases in a plain text file, one phrase per line, which file is >> pointed to by the variable wubi-phrases-file. When >> `wubi-load-local-phrases' is called, it turns that text file into an .el >> file, the name of which is pointed to by wubi-phrases-file-el. So far as >> I can tell, emacs segfaults when these two files have the same name, ie: >> >> (setq wubi-phrases-file "~/.emacs.d/my-wubi-phrases.txt") >> (setq wubi-phrases-file-el "~/.emacs.d/my-wubi-phrases.el") > > But the name is not the same: the extensions of the files are > different. So I don't think it's unreasonable to expect this to work. Sure, obviously the names aren't exactly the same, but the fact is that it blew up when I eval'd the above two sexps and then called `wubi-load-local-phrases'. If I changed the name of the .el file, or eval'd the second sexp but not the first (ie set wubi-phrases-file-el but left wubi-phrases-file as its default), it loaded okay. Beats me! >> I moved "my-wubi-phrases.el" to "my-wubi-phrases-short.el", to start >> testing if a shorter file would prevent the crash, only to find that all >> it took was re-naming the file to allow it to load safely. >> >> So now it seems highly likely that the crash I thought I was >> experiencing isn't at all the one I'm actually experiencing. I'll >> happily do whatever's necessary, but I have the sense I'm barking up the >> wrong tree. > > It would help if you report the steps necessary to reproduce the > problem, starting with "emacs -Q". If that requires a non-empty > phrase file, please post a minimal file that can be used to reproduce > the crash. > > Thanks for the other info. Yup, you'll need a file. I've done a little testing. It looks like everything loads fine until the file reaches 4095 lines. I'm attaching the txt file, of exactly 4095 lines, and a test file, to be run as emacs -Q -l wubi-test.el (the paths need to be changed). Running that test will produce the .el file, then attempt to load the phrases, and then in my case segfault. Hope that's enough! Eric