() Emanuel Berg () Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:36:26 +0200 Thien-Thi Nguyen writes: > I find ‘(format "%s%s" A B)’ unbeautiful, personally. OK, how would you do it? I would make sure A and B are always strings and use ‘concat’. For filenames, i would use ‘(expand-file-name B A)’. > I think using terms "insert" and "hard-coded" is > confusing in this context. Also, "eliminated" is > imprecise and thus misleading. To bake a cake, do > you eliminate the flour? But you understand it, right? I mean, what I mean? If i answer "no", then both of us may be fooling ourselves, but in a safe way. If i answer "yes", then there is only one fool (me), but the foolishness i am capable of is huge. The result of the _insertion_ of literal values at the places of the parameters, will result in a function that don't use variables (dynamic or lexical) but _hard-coded_ values - that issue is _eliminated_. Do you think it is correct in terms of technology? Mu! (See above.) Actually, i'd add "places" and "will result" to my list of confusions. -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil