all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* correcting word groups (general spelling question)
@ 2015-06-30 11:16 Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2015-06-30 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have a very general question about spelling and word correction in
general (not even emacs related), which I think cannot really be solved
currently with the underlying tools, but I'll ask nonetheless...

Whenever I edit some text, I might use a group of words (for the sake of
argument, say "Hello Kitteh"), for which a word of the group (Kitteh) is
obviously incorrect with the current dictionary, but it's correct in the
context of the group itself "Hello Kitteh".

If I add Kitteh to the dictionary, I will obviously allow Kitteh to roam
free in my text, which I don't want. I really want to lean "Hello
Kitteh" instead, and also give auto-correct suggestions based on this
specific meaning, and not on the individual word.

AFAIK, aspell/ispell cannot do that and hunspell's manual doesn't
suggest anything beyond word-by-word support.

Ideas?