martin rudalics writes: >> Ah, so we could just do something like this? (untested) > > With a slightly amended doc-string, yes. If someone insists on having > two frames with the same name on different displays and relying on the > old behavior to choose the one on the same display, we could add such a > check to give preference to a frame with the given name on the same > display. I doubt that someone relies on this function to throw an error > when a frame with the given name exists only on another display. Right, here's an update: