all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#34335: 27.0.50; Tramp ssh hangs
       [not found] <87bm3ql3yy.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2019-02-05 19:28 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2019-02-05 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Shahid; +Cc: 34335

John Shahid <jvshahid@gmail.com> writes:

Hi John,

> After pulling the recent Emacs master, I cannot use tramp with the ssh
> anymore.  When I try to use it, Emacs just hangs until I quit
> (i.e. C-g).  Attached tramp logs with 'tramp-verbose' set to 10.  I
> tried this twice and attached the logs from both attempts.

Thanks! Do you have a chance to send also tramp-verbose 10 logs from an
earlier build of Emacs, which worked?

> Features:

[70 lines]

Just being curious: have you tried, whether it works with "emacs -Q"?

Best regards, Michael.

* bug#34335: 27.0.50; Tramp ssh hangs
@ 2019-02-06 14:02   ` John Shahid
From: John Shahid @ 2019-02-06 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: 34335

> John Shahid <jvshahid@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi John,
>
>> After pulling the recent Emacs master, I cannot use tramp with the ssh
>> anymore.  When I try to use it, Emacs just hangs until I quit
>> (i.e. C-g).  Attached tramp logs with 'tramp-verbose' set to 10.  I
>> tried this twice and attached the logs from both attempts.
>
> Thanks! Do you have a chance to send also tramp-verbose 10 logs from an
> earlier build of Emacs, which worked?
>
>> Features:
>
> [70 lines]
>
> Just being curious: have you tried, whether it works with "emacs -Q"?

Well, "emacs -Q" works as expected.  Apologies for not trying this out
early.  I just assumed it was a bug since my current config work with a
previous commit.  I will try to figure out what is going on and report
back.

Cheers,

JS

* bug#34335: 27.0.50; Tramp ssh hangs
@ 2019-02-06 14:43     ` John Shahid
From: John Shahid @ 2019-02-06 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: 34335

John Shahid <jvshahid@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Well, "emacs -Q" works as expected.  Apologies for not trying this out
> early.  I just assumed it was a bug since my current config work with a
> previous commit.  I will try to figure out what is going on and report
> back.

Actually, Emacs work with my config as expected.  I'm not sure why that
was failing yesterday tbh.  Probably PEBKC.

I think this bug can be closed, I will open a new one if I run into any
issues.  Sorry again for the noise.

Cheers,

JS

* bug#34335: 27.0.50; Tramp ssh hangs
@ 2019-02-06 14:53       ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2019-02-06 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Shahid; +Cc: 34335-done

John Shahid <jvshahid@gmail.com> writes:

Hi John,

> Actually, Emacs work with my config as expected.  I'm not sure why that
> was failing yesterday tbh.  Probably PEBKC.
>
> I think this bug can be closed, I will open a new one if I run into any
> issues.  Sorry again for the noise.

Thanks for reporting, I was already running out of ideas what could be
the problem. And no problem for the false alarm; usually it's *me* who
breaks something.

I'm closing the bug.

> Cheers,
>
> JS