all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Delete multiple repositories programmatically from elisp by supplying `y' as the answer to an interactively called function.
@ 2021-12-07 13:16 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2021-12-07 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

The straight package manager [1] supplies the following interactive
function, which can be used to delete the unused repositories:
straight-remove-unused-repos. As we all know, the normal way to call
this function is `M-x straight-remove-unused-repos RET package-name
RET`. However, the above method can only delete one repository at a
time. If I have many unused repositories that I want to clean up now,
this method is very inefficient.

In order to achieve a more efficient way, I want to loop over the
following command programmatically from elisp, and supply `y' as the
answer repeatedly:

(call-interactively #'straight-remove-unused-repos)

But I still can't figure out the code snippet for doing the above
work. Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

[1] https://github.com/raxod502/straight.el

Regards,
HZ