Adam Porter writes: > Hi Stefan, et al, > > I'd like to submit salv.el [0] to GNU ELPA. The readme describes it > like so: > > Salve, v. t. & i. > > To save, as a ship or goods, from the perils of the sea. > > --Webster, 1913 > > Q: How does this package differ from other ones that automatically > save buffers? > > A: Salve is a buffer-local minor mode, rather than being a global > mode. It is activated in buffers the user wants to be saved, > rather than in all buffers (requiring the user to exclude ones that > aren't to be saved). It uses per-buffer idle timers, rather than a > global timer. It only runs a timer when a buffer is modified after > being saved, rather than constantly. Because of these > characteristics, it's simple and lightweight. > > Please see the attached patch to elpa-packages. > > Thanks, > Adam > > 0: https://github.com/alphapapa/salv.el > > What is the name, "Salv" or "Salve"? You say "Salv" in the title, but in the Q/A quoted from your README, you say "Salve". -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social. This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5