Hi there! On 2022-10-24, Filipp Gunbin wrote: > [...] > But ldap-search expects ldap-ldapsearch-args to be at least what default > value is, to be able to parse the output (btw, "-LL" was there since > "forever", which is 20 years in this case; it's just the third L which > was added recently, to exclude ldif version from the output). How should users know about that expectation? > Also, default value can change along with ldap-search internal > changes. So if you want to let-bind it, you should merge in your > additional args, not replace them. If the code requires this, it might separate the necessary arguments from the customizable ones. > However, I don't see why you would want to let-bind it: > > - -H: Why don't you use host parameter? > - -x: just pass 'auth = simple > - -tt: already in ldap-ldapsearch-args When I started using LDAP, I could not make ldapsearch to use encrypted connections without -H. That may have changed since then... > Even more, I'd say that the user should set ldap-host-parameters-alist > according to his/her setup, and you should not mess with ldapsearch > arguments at all. Like: > > (setq ldap-host-parameters-alist > '(("ldap://example.org" > auth simple > auth-source t))) > > Then just invoke: > > (ldap-search "mail=.." "ldap://example.org" '("userCertificate")) Does this result in encrypted connections? Best wishes Jens