Hi, Here is a set of patches to have highlighting on the menu bar items (for the non toolkit build only). The first patch is a bit "intrusive" because it adds a menu_bar_p selector to 'window_from_coordinates'. Maybe it is not needed and I could drop this selector and make 'window_from_coordinates' return f->menu_bar_window when the mouse is on it. The second patch is the real meat and is modeled after other "note_*_highlight" functions. It seems to work as expected but now I think I need to define another face (I'm using MENU_FACE_ID now so it is not really visual) or maybe we should be able to propertize the menu bar entries. WDYT?