Philip Kaludercic writes: >>>> It is used specially for reproducing bugs in a clean environment, see it >>>> as emacs -Q for Emacs when reporting bugs. This script starts Emacs -Q >>>> with only Helm loaded, this ensure the bug if one comes from Helm and >>>> not another package. This is important especially nowaday people are >>>> using "Emacs distribution" with the world list of packages installed. >>>> Apart that the script is useful to quickly launch Emacs with helm, one >>>> can use it from the Helm directory or symlinked to e.g. ~/bin. >>> >>> I see. In that case is there any reason you implement this as a shell >>> script? >> >> Well when I wrote the script, packages where not existing and from >> outside emacs it is actually the only way to run a package isolated. >> >>> (It might be interesting to provide something like this for >>> package.el, to test packages in a generic way.) >> >> Yes, this would be interesting, it would be something like this: >> >> Emacs -Q >> M-x > packages nuisances> > > I was actually thinking of a command like > > M-x package-isolate RET foo,bar,baz RET > > and a new instance of Emacs using -Q is spun up, with all the packages > you have listed loaded, and nothing else... Sounds like a fun little > weekend project ;^) Here is my first attempt at providing this kind of a command. Any comments?