Po Lu writes: 1. > and a search revealed also this issue/discussion: > > https://github.com/termux/termux-app/discussions/3812 > > in which there are several strong words of caution from its maintainers > against packages purporting to be 0.119. Since packaging support for > Android 5 and 6 remains inactive, and the limited support they do > provide was not functional when last I tried, I don't plan to continue > providing builds for such configurations until it is demonstrated that > they are in fact practical. Recall that the recently superseded Termux > builds labeled "16" enforced a minimum API level of 24 in any case, > which state of affairs continued for a considerable period without any > reports from users of having been inconvenienced. I installed termux from GitHub workflow, not from some UltraMod website. It works for my purposes, more or less. I have also created a self-signed pair of packages for termux, and emacs. I didn't actually rebuild them, I have just unpacked and re-signed them with apktool/jarsigner. (Like here https://github.com/marek-g/marek-g.github.io/blob/44d1b74493e35ef9f2e206657f42d3e927ee7751/posts/tips_and_tricks/emacs_on_android.md) Well, unmaintained, unsupported, buggy... but still lets me use my 7-years-old ebook reader almost as a true laptop, with git and gcc, and now with Emacs. 2. Unrelated to termux, but related to Android. Is there a way to stop the on-screen keyboard pop-up when C-s or C-r is pressed? I am using a physical keyboard, so I don't really need the on-screen one. It does _not_ pop up when I use any other keyboard-involving command, such as M-x, or even non-incremental search (spawned when I type the 🔍 button present on some keyboards). -- Your sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf) (Laptop)