all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: master 9d9881aceae 2/2: Implement dots and dashes on Haiku
       [not found] ` <20240428125806.952B4C2BC8F@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2024-04-28 15:54   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2024-04-28 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

>     Implement dots and dashes on Haiku
>
>     * src/doc.c (store_function_docstring): Re-enable loading doc
>     strings of compiled functions from etc/DOC, which haiku-win,
>     ns-win, and the like require.

Hmm... this is weird: AFAIK, `make-docfile` doesn't know how to scan
`.el`/`.elc` files any more so the docstrings we find in DOC simply
cannot come from a byte-coded function.

Can you give more details about the problem you encountered?

* Re: master 9d9881aceae 2/2: Implement dots and dashes on Haiku
@ 2024-05-02  9:23     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-05-02  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: luangruo, Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 11:54:32 -0400
>
> >     Implement dots and dashes on Haiku
> >
> >     * src/doc.c (store_function_docstring): Re-enable loading doc
> >     strings of compiled functions from etc/DOC, which haiku-win,
> >     ns-win, and the like require.
>
> Hmm... this is weird: AFAIK, `make-docfile` doesn't know how to scan
> `.el`/`.elc` files any more so the docstrings we find in DOC simply
> cannot come from a byte-coded function.
>
> Can you give more details about the problem you encountered?

Po Lu, can you please answer Stefan's questions?

* Re: master 9d9881aceae 2/2: Implement dots and dashes on Haiku
@ 2024-05-02 12:06       ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-05-02 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 11:54:32 -0400
>>
>> >     Implement dots and dashes on Haiku
>> >
>> >     * src/doc.c (store_function_docstring): Re-enable loading doc
>> >     strings of compiled functions from etc/DOC, which haiku-win,
>> >     ns-win, and the like require.
>>
>> Hmm... this is weird: AFAIK, `make-docfile` doesn't know how to scan
>> `.el`/`.elc` files any more so the docstrings we find in DOC simply
>> cannot come from a byte-coded function.
>>
>> Can you give more details about the problem you encountered?
>
> Po Lu, can you please answer Stefan's questions?

I already did.  Perhaps it never made its way to the list, but they were
satisfactorily resolved.

* Re: master 9d9881aceae 2/2: Implement dots and dashes on Haiku
@ 2024-05-02 12:43         ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2024-05-02 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

> I already did.  Perhaps it never made its way to the list, but they were
> satisfactorily resolved.

Indeed, thanks Po Lu,