all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
@ 2024-05-14 21:26 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2024-05-14 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've appointed Andrea Corallo as an Emacs maintainer,
joining Eli Zaretskii and me.

* Re: A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
@ 2024-05-14 21:32 ` Dmitry Gutov
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2024-05-14 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms, emacs-devel

On 15/05/2024 00:26, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I've appointed Andrea Corallo as an Emacs maintainer,
> joining Eli Zaretskii and me.

Congratulations, Andrea, and thanks for taking this on!

* RE: [External] : A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
@ 2024-05-14 23:15 ` Drew Adams
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Drew Adams @ 2024-05-14 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org

> I've appointed Andrea Corallo as an Emacs maintainer,
> joining Eli Zaretskii and me.
>
> Dr Richard Stallman

+1.

* Re: A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
@ 2024-05-14 23:35 ` Po Lu
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Po Lu @ 2024-05-14 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> I've appointed Andrea Corallo as an Emacs maintainer,
> joining Eli Zaretskii and me.

Congratulations, Andrea, and many thanks for your years of dutiful labor
:-)

* Re: A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-05-15  0:54 ` T.V Raman
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: T.V Raman @ 2024-05-15  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: emacs-devel

Congratulations and Thanks to all your contributions to native compile
to date, and here's looking forward to a lot more!

* Re: A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-05-15  2:39 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-05-15  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 17:26:43 -0400
>
> I've appointed Andrea Corallo as an Emacs maintainer,
> joining Eli Zaretskii and me.

Great news!

Andrea, welcome on board.

* Re: A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-05-18 16:59 ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2024-05-18 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms, emacs-devel

@ 2024-05-20  6:34   ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2024-05-20  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

>> I've appointed Andrea Corallo as an Emacs maintainer,
>
> Congratulations, Andrea, and thanks for taking this on.

Richard's Email makes it sound like he, Eli and Andrea are the only
maintainers now.  Have you stepped down?

--
	Philip Kaludercic on peregrine

* Re: A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-05-20 23:41 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2024-05-20 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: emacs-devel

RS> I've appointed Andrea Corallo as an Emacs maintainer,
RS> joining Eli Zaretskii and me.

This is great news, I’m very glad to hear about this, Andrea!

* Re: A new Emacs maintainer: Andrea Corallo.
@ 2024-05-23 23:46   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2024-05-23 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

John Wiegley wrote:

>> I've appointed Andrea Corallo as an Emacs maintainer,
>> joining Eli Zaretskii and me.
>
> This is great news, I’m very glad to hear about
> this, Andrea!

In all big projects, there are so many contributing and that
is great. But there are always a bunch of people who are
super-productive and so much of the progress is a result of
what this little elite do every day.

Here are the the top 25 Emacs contributors, according to the
below command [last] on Emacs 30. [1]

We se that Maintainer Corallo's contribution is already at huge
level, and with native compilation in particular, which is
something anyone and everyone can see, feel and instantly
benefit from, it is clear those commits aren't just small
fixes - not that there is anything wrong with those,
of course - but something truly awesome.

We of course hope for many more commits from this very
skilled and dedicated programmer, but whatever happens, big or
small, fun and flame wars, those contributions are already
outstanding! \o/

PS. We need a command for stats on GNU ELPA as well!

In a nutshell, cred to all Emacs hackers all around the world
but this time, a special toast to those few who did so much
for the project.

Okay, here is the command and stats:

$ git shortlog -s -n --all | awk '{print ++c, $0}' | head -n 25

 1  20757	Richard M Stallman
 2  13710	Eli Zaretskii
 3  12610	Glenn Morris
 4   9884	Stefan Monnier
 5   6915	Paul Eggert
 6   6827	Kenichi Handa
 7   6416	Lars Ingebrigtsen
 8   6056	Chong Yidong
 9   5307	Gerd Möllmann
10   4743	Juanma Barranquero
11   3949	Michael Albinus
12   3767	Karl Heuer
13   3685	Po Lu
14   3679	Stefan Kangas
15   3490	Dave Love
16   3031	Kim F Storm
17   2655	Juri Linkov
18   2236	Miles Bader
19   1784	Jim Blandy
20   1781	Andrea Corallo
21   1626	Andreas Schwab
22   1601	Jan Djärv
23   1596	Jason Rumney
24   1475	Dan Nicolaescu
25   1459	Nick Roberts

[1] GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo
    version 1.16.0) of 2024-04-01 [commit
    a5fbb652ed3614d6735015551564f32b80e42c53]

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal