Sean Whitton writes: > Hello, > > On Mon 02 Sep 2024 at 09:42pm +01, Sean Whitton wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> On Mon 02 Sep 2024 at 08:39pm GMT, Philip Kaludercic wrote: >> >>> How about this suggestion: We add a generic kill-region-or-word >>> command, and a user option for a function (set to either >>> `backward-kill-word' or Sean's `unix-word-rubout'). I can prepare a >>> patch with the simpler version, and then Sean can add his behaviour in a >>> second patch so that the attribution remains correct. >> >> I think a tristate option is preferable to this. >> >> If the user wants something of their own they can just write their own >> command. > > Sorry, I wrote this too quickly, I don't think I actually understand > your new proposal. > > Could you sketch it out? > > Thank you for your patience on this one. I had misremembered the last state of this patch. It is easier to just have a tristate option. Here is the updated proposal: