all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* savannah (emacs CVS) not responding
@ 2007-03-15 18:21 Basile STARYNKEVITCH
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH @ 2007-03-15 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

Hello

Sorry to disturb you, but Savanna, the CVS server for GNU emacs, is not
responding since more than 24 hours.... Is Emacs CVS available elsewhere, or
has it migrated to SubVersion?

Regards

* Re: savannah (emacs CVS) not responding
@ 2007-03-15 19:17 ` Eric Hanchrow
From: Eric Hanchrow @ 2007-03-15 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

    Basile> Savanna, the CVS server for GNU emacs, is not responding

They're well aware of it.

    Basile> Is Emacs CVS available elsewhere

I don't know.

    Basile> or has it migrated to SubVersion?

No.

--
I do not wish to achieve immortality through my work.  I wish
to achieve it through not dying.

* Re: savannah (emacs CVS) not responding
@ 2007-03-16  5:21 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-16  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH; +Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

Savannah was down due to a hardware failure.

    Is Emacs CVS available elsewhere, or
    has it migrated to SubVersion?

What as strange idea!

* Re: savannah (emacs CVS) not responding
@ 2007-03-16 15:22   ` Eric Hanchrow
From: Eric Hanchrow @ 2007-03-16 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

    Richard> Savannah was down due to a hardware failure.  Is Emacs
    Richard>     CVS available elsewhere, or has it migrated to
    Richard>     SubVersion?

    Richard> What as strange idea!

What's so strange about the idea?  Lots of open-source projects have
switched to Subversion.  In fact, Emacs is the only large project I
can think of that still uses CVS.

--
I've laid out in my will that my heirs should continue working
on my .emacs