all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help>>>emacs-multi-tty use 99% CPU in my virtual machine
@ 2007-07-29  8:01 netawater
From: netawater @ 2007-07-29  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

My virtual machine is Paralles workstations 2.1 and its OS
is Gentoo 2007.0.

I get emacs-multi-tty code by Gentoo layman emacs source
(It is remarked but I open it). After I run emacs-multi-tty,
it uses 99%CPU of my machine, but I can not see why it need
so much resource. Is it a bug? Thank you very much.

* Re: Help>>>emacs-multi-tty use 99% CPU in my virtual machine
@ 2007-07-29  9:10 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-07-29  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

netawater <netstandin-002@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

Hi,

> I get emacs-multi-tty code by Gentoo layman emacs source (It is
> remarked but I open it). After I run emacs-multi-tty, it uses 99%CPU
> of my machine, but I can not see why it need so much resource. Is it a
> bug? Thank you very much.

Do you have an old version of semantic/cedet [1] (1.0_pre4) installed?
If yes, then update to cedet-1.0_pre4. There was a bug in cedet that
caused this troubles in emacsen >= 22.

Bye,
Tassilo
__________
[1] http://cedet.sourceforge.net/
--
My work on  free software is motivated by  an idealistic goal: spreading
freedom and  cooperation. I want  to encourage free software  to spread,

* Re: Help>>>emacs-multi-tty use 99% CPU in my virtual machine
@ 2007-07-30 12:55   ` netawater
From: netawater @ 2007-07-30 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> netawater <netstandin-002@yahoo.com.cn> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I get emacs-multi-tty code by Gentoo layman emacs source (It is
>> remarked but I open it). After I run emacs-multi-tty, it uses 99%CPU
>> of my machine, but I can not see why it need so much resource. Is it a
>> bug? Thank you very much.
>
> Do you have an old version of semantic/cedet [1] (1.0_pre4) installed?
> If yes, then update to cedet-1.0_pre4. There was a bug in cedet that
> caused this troubles in emacsen >= 22.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo
> [1] http://cedet.sourceforge.net/
> --
> My work on free software is motivated by an idealistic goal: spreading
> freedom and cooperation. I want to encourage free software to spread,
> replacing proprietary software that forbids cooperation, and thus make
> our society better. (Richard M. Stallman)

Thank you very much! Yes, I have installed cedet 1.0_pre3 and after I
remarks it in my .emacs, It is OK now! Thanks! multi tty is a feature
which I like it very much, so I need update emacs 21 to 23!