all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* g-client does not show the reading list
@ 2009-11-13  2:58 Soichi Ishida
From: Soichi Ishida @ 2009-11-13  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ubuntu 8.04
Emacs23

I have recently installed g-client for Emacs, hoping that I can
manipulate the Google reader.

Unpackaged various things, the path should be OK because it can
show the Google calendar.  But the reading list does not show up.

After typing M-x greader-reading-list and the password, the window gets split in half
and the upper part shows the "w3m" homepage and the lower part shows
something peculiar...seems like HTML (or XML) having the buffer name
as "g scratch".

Could someone help me on this?

Soichi

* Re: g-client does not show the reading list
       [not found] <mailman.10712.1258237922.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-11-15  1:39 ` Tim X
       [not found]   ` <mailman.10786.1258332759.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tim X @ 2009-11-15  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Soichi Ishida <zau_777_emacs@kki.biglobe.ne.jp> writes:

> Ubuntu 8.04
> Emacs23
>
> I have recently installed g-client for Emacs, hoping that I can
> manipulate the Google reader.
>
> Unpackaged various things, the path should be OK because it can
> show the Google calendar.  But the reading list does not show up.
>
> After typing M-x greader-reading-list and the password, the window gets split in half
> and the upper part shows the "w3m" homepage and the lower part shows
> something peculiar...seems like HTML (or XML) having the buffer name
> as "g scratch".
>
> Could someone help me on this?
>
> Soichi

The bottom window has the html as retrieved from greader. Look at it and
see if it gives you some clues. I had a similar issue a while back, but
before I could diagnose what was wrong, it all started working after I
did an update from the svn repository.

Check that you can log directly into greader. I've also seen similar
issues when, for some reason, my google login stopped working for a few
days. As soon as I was able to login directly to greader from firefox, I
found the g client greader also worked again.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: g-client does not show the reading list
@ 2009-11-16  0:00   ` Soichi Ishida
       [not found]   ` <mailman.10786.1258332759.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Soichi Ishida @ 2009-11-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thank you for the reply.
I have been able to log into greader from Chrome without any problem.
But I still have difficulty logging in with Emacs + g-client.

I don't know about svn repository, so I am doing some researches
myself.
If anyone has additional information, I would appreciate it.

Soichi

@ 2009-11-16  6:40     ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2009-11-16  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Soichi Ishida <zau_777_emacs@kki.biglobe.ne.jp> writes:

> Thank you for the reply.
> I have been able to log into greader from Chrome without any problem.
> But I still have difficulty logging in with Emacs + g-client.
>
> I don't know about svn repository, so I am doing some researches
> myself.
> If anyone has additional information, I would appreciate it.
>
> Soichi

I use the emacspeak package, which includes the g client package. The
whole emacspeak source tree, including the g-client stuff is available
from google code i.e

http://emacspeak.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

I don't know if there is also a g-client repository that is on its
own. I also don't know if there are slight differences in the
stand-alone version compared to what is incorporated in the emacspeak
snapshot.

Tim