all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs displaying backslash incorrectly
@ 2010-09-07 12:46 lraae
From: lraae @ 2010-09-07 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I have a weird problem which I can't seem to find anything about
on the web: When I type a backslash, emacs displays it as a capital W
with a double strikethrough.

This is Emacs 23.1.1 on Linux Fedora 12 (2.6.32.19-163.fc12.i686.PAE).

I tried "emacs -q" to run without startup file, but the problem
remains. This is a school administered computer, so I don't have root
access.

Hope someone might have an idea how to proceed in solving this.