all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ibuffer bug?
@ 2012-06-27  9:03 harven
From: harven @ 2012-06-27  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I just tried emacs-24 using the binary from http://emacs.naquadah.org/.
That binary was created 2012-06-22. I am on debian squeeze stable.

I get an error when I try to use ibuffer.

$ emacs-snapshot-gtk -Q
M-x ibuffer
=>
ibuffer-compile-format: Symbol's function definition is void: cl-minusp

Is there some way to get around that error ?
Thanks.

* RE: ibuffer bug?
@ 2012-06-27 13:37 ` Drew Adams
       [not found] ` <mailman.3552.1340804252.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-06-27 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'harven', help-gnu-emacs

> I just tried emacs-24 using the binary from
> http://emacs.naquadah.org/.
> That binary was created 2012-06-22. I am on debian squeeze stable.
>
> I get an error when I try to use ibuffer.
> $ emacs-snapshot-gtk -Q
> M-x ibuffer
> =>
> ibuffer-compile-format: Symbol's function definition is void:
> cl-minusp
>
> Is there some way to get around that error ?

There have been some changes lately wrt the cl stuff.  I suggest that you use
`M-x report-emacs-bug' for this.  If it is not a bug the Emacs developers will
let you know.

* Re: ibuffer bug?
       [not found] ` <mailman.3552.1340804252.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-06-27 14:49   ` harven
From: harven @ 2012-06-27 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I finally compiled the stable version from sources,
and that solved my problem. I will stick with emacs 24.1.1 for now.
Thanks for your help,
--
Harven

* Re: ibuffer bug?
@ 2012-06-27 16:48 ` Michael Heerdegen
       [not found] ` <mailman.3552.1340804252.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2012-06-27 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

harven <harven@free.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried emacs-24 using the binary from http://emacs.naquadah.org/.
> That binary was created 2012-06-22. I am on debian squeeze stable.
>
> I get an error when I try to use ibuffer.
>
> $ emacs-snapshot-gtk -Q
> M-x ibuffer
> =>
> ibuffer-compile-format: Symbol's function definition is void:
> cl-minusp

I've sent a bug report for this.

> Is there some way to get around that error ?

Seems that evaluating (require 'cl-lib) before calling ibuffer solves
the problem.

Michael.

* Re: ibuffer bug?
       [not found] ` <mailman.3552.1340804252.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-06-28  4:24   ` nospam
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3641.1340888412.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: nospam @ 2012-06-28  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Drew Adams" writes:

>> I just tried emacs-24 using the binary from
>> http://emacs.naquadah.org/.
>> That binary was created 2012-06-22. I am on debian squeeze stable.
>>
>> I get an error when I try to use ibuffer.
>> $ emacs-snapshot-gtk -Q
>> M-x ibuffer
>> =>
>> ibuffer-compile-format: Symbol's function definition is void:
>> cl-minusp
>>
>> Is there some way to get around that error ?
>
> There have been some changes lately wrt the cl stuff.  I suggest that you use
> `M-x report-emacs-bug' for this.  If it is not a bug the Emacs developers will
> let you know.

Good Morning,

by the way, similar things happen when i use w32explore from
w32-browser.

I have to (defalias (quote substitute) (quote cl-substitute) "").

Cheers

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de

* RE: ibuffer bug?
@ 2012-06-28 12:59     ` Drew Adams
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3641.1340888412.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-06-28 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nospam, help-gnu-emacs

> >> ibuffer-compile-format: Symbol's function definition is void:
> >> cl-minusp
> >> Is there some way to get around that error ?
> >
> > There have been some changes lately wrt the cl stuff.  I
> > suggest that you use `M-x report-emacs-bug' for this.  If it
> > is not a bug the Emacs developers will let you know.
>
> Good Morning,
> by the way, similar things happen when i use w32explore from
> w32-browser.  I have to
> (defalias (quote substitute) (quote cl-substitute) "").

Same answer/request: please consider reporting it to Emacs Dev:
`M-x report-emacs-bug'.

* Re: ibuffer bug?
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3641.1340888412.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-06-28 15:37       ` harven
From: harven @ 2012-06-28 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

The bug has been reported and there is a patch now.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2012-06/msg00762.html
hopefully it also solves your problem.