Stefan Monnier writes: > Thanks. I slightly simplified your patch (since re-search-forward > already signal search-failed if the 3rd arg is nil) and installed it. Hi. Thanks for looking at this. I tried the fix you made in the repo, and it has two issues: 1. search-failed is raised with (signal) not (throw), so it needs to be caught differently 2. You changed (re-search-forward) to (search-forward), however we still are searching for a regex, so it must remain re-search-forward. I'm attaching a patch to fix these two issues dima