all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ido mode flex matching
@ 2014-08-01 13:57 Florian Lindner
From: Florian Lindner @ 2014-08-01 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I have ido enabled like that:

(ido-mode t)
(ido-everywhere 1)
(setq ido-enable-flex-matching t)
(setq ido-file-extensions-order '(".tex"))

Now given the case I have two files named basecouplingscheme.cpp and
basecouplingscheme.hpp. I want to open the latter.

I enter "bashpp" which filters to just these two files. But the cpp file is
still the first in order. Yes, it finds all the letters
BAScouplingsHeme.cPP. But for me the hpp file should be the stronger match,
since ido can find two groups (BAS and HPP) which match, not three groups
(BAS, H and PP).

First question: Do you get my problem? ;-)
Second question: Can I set ido like that?
Disable flex matching is not the way to go, I really love that
functionality.

Best Regards,
Florian

* Re: ido mode flex matching
       [not found] <mailman.6416.1406901511.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-08-01 14:17 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-08-01 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> First question: Do you get my problem? ;-)

Yes. An alternative solution to configuring ido is:

1. Short filenames that are easy and fast to type.

2. Different directories for different file types.

3. Type, type, and type.

And: Shortcuts to jump between the most frequently used
files.

--
underground experts united

* Re: ido mode flex matching
@ 2014-08-01 18:11 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2014-08-01 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

[snip]

> First question: Do you get my problem? ;-)
> Second question: Can I set ido like that?
> Disable flex matching is not the way to go, I really love that
> functionality.

Try this:

https://github.com/lewang/flx

It is much better than flex and should do what you want.