Eli Zaretskii writes: >> So what, maybe it is sufficient to take over the implementation from >> glib, indeed. There's not too much logic added there, and we would avoid >> the glib dependency. > > That's what I had in mind, yes. Finally, I came out with the appended patch. Comments appreciated. >> do you or somebody else has some test cases for `gstring-lessp' or >> `gstring-equalp', which shall return different results than >> `string-lessp' and `string-equal'? > > I don't have such test cases, but I'd start by looking in the glib > test suite. There aren't so many glib test cases for collation. I need to search further. Best regards, Michael.