all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Anyone have flyspell + autocorrect working?
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 04:30:12 +0100	[thread overview]

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> Normally I don't use any spell checker at all. And
> sometimes that bites me because I have been making
> more spelling errors of late. When I do run the
> spell I run ispell-region over my response (and not
> over the quoted material) and then quickly space
> through the false positives. For me that works best.

Native speakers perhaps generally do less mistakes
(...or?). My general attitude is I, and everyone else,
should learn how to spell and type. But I also know
mistakes happen just the same and I don't want to send
posts with that kind of mistakes if that can be
avoided, that would be disrespectful. So it is a
conflict there which ispell won. I wonder though if
ispell "conserves" mistakes and typos that you
habitually do, because you subconsciously
(...correctly spelled?) - you are too relaxed because
you know ispell is there to help you. If so, still, I
think ispell does this less than flyspell because then
you are in the middle of typing so you want minimal
time spent thinking about what word went wrong and
why, so perhaps you can type it correct the next time
it comes up. In general I'm happy with ispell, I only
think the dictionary should be much wider in scope.

--
underground experts united