all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Printing Problems
@ 2015-10-03 21:13 Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2015-10-03 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm having some problems with printing.

If I use the "ps-print" functions then the top of the block-shaped
header is cut off.  I have "ps-paper-type" set to A4 and an A4 printer.

If I use normal printer function like "print-region" then there is no
margin and the first letter in each column is cut in half.  I think this
is because my printer is an A4 printer and the default for "lp" is
letter.  But, I can't find an Emacs variable that can change the paper
type for the normal print functions.

BR,
Robert Thorpe

* RE: Printing Problems
@ 2010-09-06  2:47 John Burns
From: John Burns @ 2010-09-06  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have found the solution to my problem with printing within Emacs.
It is truly amazing what an extra "/" at the end of the printer-name will do
to you!

Sorry to have cried wolf to the group.
John

* Printing Problems