Paul Eggert writes: > On 4/29/19 7:53 AM, Alex Gramiak wrote: >> would it make sense to first check _all_ (or, at least the >> commonly supported) warning flags simultaneously and then only check >> them individually if there was an error? > > Sure. That would be a nice thing to add to Gnulib (which is the upstream > source for this). Evidently I don't know enough autoconf to be able to do this myself, since I couldn't figure out how to implement the fallback behaviour. I've included a diff below that implements multiple-checking (~29s to ~22s configure time for me), with a faulty loop in the else clause commented out. Is this salvageable?