all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#12237: 24.2; info-look.el setup for awk no longer works with gawk info manual
@ 2012-08-20  2:15 Leo
From: Leo @ 2012-08-20  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 12237

Sadly, gawk info manual (version 4.0¹) has some changes and as a result
info-look's setup for awk broken in that it cannot parse many index
entries. Only a small fraction of the index entries are found as listed
here:

ANSI 	dgawk 	patterns
ASCII 	division 	portability
EBCDIC 	exit 	precedence
EMISTERED 	expressions 	print
ISO 	fields 	printf
actions 	for 	printing
algorithms 	getline 	quoting
archeologists 	if 	records
arrays 	integers 	return
assertions 	internationalization 	searching
break 	jawk 	strings
commenting 	libmawk 	switch
concatenating 	localization 	timestamps
continue 	loops 	variables
coprocesses 	newlines 	while
counting 	next 	xgawk
deadlocks 	nextfile
delete 	numbers

Leo

Footnotes:
¹  http://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/manual/gawk.info.tar.gz

* bug#12237: 24.2; info-look.el setup for awk no longer works with gawk info manual
@ 2019-08-17 21:32 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-08-17 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: 12237

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Sadly, gawk info manual (version 4.0¹) has some changes and as a result
> info-look's setup for awk broken in that it cannot parse many index
> entries. Only a small fraction of the index entries are found as listed
> here:
>
> ANSI 	dgawk 	patterns
> ASCII 	division 	portability
> EBCDIC 	exit 	precedence
> EMISTERED 	expressions 	print

(I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately gotten no

If you're still seeing this problem, could you provide an example,
starting from "emacs -Q", for how to reproduce the error?

* bug#12237: 24.2; info-look.el setup for awk no longer works with gawk info manual
@ 2019-10-14  6:03   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-10-14  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: 12237

> If you're still seeing this problem, could you provide an example,
> starting from "emacs -Q", for how to reproduce the error?

More information was requested some weeks back, but no response was
given, so I'm closing this bug report.  If you're still seeing this
problem, please reopen.