Stefan Kangas writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> > Iʼm not clear on why it needs such a convoluted API >> >> Yes, I was wondering about that as well. It looks somewhat artificial >> to me. > > I'd be happy to simplify it, but Drew felt that this was an important > use case. Perhaps that could be covered by Robert Pluim's suggestion > to add a separate function 'find-keymap' instead. I've thought about this some more, and I think it's better to simplify the API of 'describe-keymap'. We could consider adding a separate function 'find-keymap' later. Please find attached a patch without the optional argument, and let me know if there are any further comments. Best regards, Stefan Kangas