Michael Heerdegen writes: > > Compliance! > > > > (gdb) call (int)malloc_info (0, stdout) > > I'm very sorry, but it's gone. Today, "it" happened again (not sure how many problems were are discussing here, though). I had been cleaning my web.de INBOX with Gnus. Started Gnus, deleted or moved some messages, shut down, and repeated. Then I suddenly saw that our problem was back, Emacs using 6GB or so. The session is gone now (I shut it down normally). I'm sure that at least a significant part of the problem materialized while using (more or less only) Gnus. And here is that heap output you wanted: