[புதன், பிப்ரவரி 16 2022] Eli Zaretskii wrote: Hi Eli, >> As a native Tamil speaker, I can attest that contemporary text uses the >> Arabic numerals (in fact, Tamil digits are mentioned as a matter of fact >> in schools). I'm not sure about the situation in Sri Lanka, tho. > > It sounds like a better way forward would be to define a separate > input method, so that the existing input method is preserved and can > be used if someone wants the current transliterations. > > So my suggestions would be: > > 1. For your items 1 and 3, just copy indian-tml-base-table to a new > variable, modify it to include the two missing characters and > replace the digits with nil, add a new variable similar to > indian-tml-itrans-v5-hash, and compute its value like we do with > indian-tml-itrans-v5-hash, but using the new table instead of > indian-tml-base-table. Then make a new input method, called, say, > tamil-itrans-alt, which would use the new hash variable instead of > indian-tml-itrans-v5-hash. Submit these changes as patches to > lisp/language/ind-util.el and lisp/leim/quail/indian.el. > Does the attached patch look okay to you?