Lars Ingebrigtsen [2020-08-21 13:26 +0200] wrote: > Pip Cet writes: > >> Paul's suggestion was to use equal () instead of !NILP (Fequal (...)). >> I'm against that, because the F in Fequal kind of hints at the >> difficulties of using equal, of which there are many: in the current >> implementation, it can signal, quit, be asymmetric (signalling for >> (equal a b) whereas (equal b a) works), and is susceptible to equality >> bombs that take forever to compare. > > Yeah, your equal_lists is better in all ways, I think. It should be > much faster, too -- Fequal on a list checks whether the string members > are equal, too, which is slow. So I think this will speed things up if > you have a buffer that displays images where the data comes from a > string (which can be huge) instead of a file. We now have Fequal again: Restore Emacs 27 image cache semantics ac341cd629 2020-12-09 00:42:11 +0100 https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=ac341cd629 Which means image-test-circular-specs signals: (circular-list (:dummy . #0)) So how important is it to support image specs with circular property values? Should the test be marked :expected-result :failed? Either way, WDYT of the attached minor cleanup? Thanks, -- Basil