I would like to propose a change to Eglot that builds on my last patch in bug 59149. What I did not realize at the time of writing that patch, is that clients can opt into receiving progress notifications for server initialization when sending the `:initialize` request. This is useful for slow starting servers or large projects that require the lsp server to do a lot of analysis on startup. The server of course has to be able to send these progress reports. Not all of them do and may ignore this parameter. If users do not want to see this, they can set `eglot-report-progress` to `nil`. There are other requests that extend the WorkDoneProgressParams interface that this could also be done for. It may be worth looking through the spec and seeing if it makes sense to send this param with other requests. Many of them are for typically quick requests like `textDocument/definition` Thank you, -- Danny Freeman