Hi, From some month now, to read PDF, DocView has switched from producing PNG files for its page cache to producing SVG files. I think it is a good idea but I have found a bug (that is outside the scope of Emacs that's why I'm reporting here): mutool could generate SVG files that librsvg is not able to read back. FTR, I'm using mupdf 1.21.1 and librsvg 2.54.5. I've attached a sample PDF and the produced SVG if you want to test on your setting. I think it would be wise to defaults `doc-view-mupdf-use-svg' to nil in the upcoming Emacs 29.