Po Lu writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> This again says that Emacs is trying to read input via XIM. Maybe >> Po >> Lu could help us understand what could be going on. > > Thanks. Would you please verify that the loop does not involve > Emacs > calling xic_set_preeditarea over and over again? IOW, break on the > line > after 3176 in xfns.c, and see if that breakpoint is ever hit? > > Otherwise, I suggest looking in your system logs for crashes > involving > the input method framework you are using. Xlib does not know how to > handle IM server crashes, and will either crash trying to access a > nonexistent window or loop waiting for events from the crashed IM > server, which is what I think it's doing here. Good call, it looks like this is exactly what's happening. Please see my other reply for details of an IBus crash. Kind regards, -- Simon Pugnet https://www.polaris64.net/