Christopher Dimech writes: >> Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 9:29 PM >> From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" >> To: "Christopher Dimech" >> Cc: "Eshel Yaron" , emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Subject: Re: Blog post >> >> >> Christopher Dimech writes: >> >> > From your experience, have your rants been justified ? Introspection >> > of other people's rants should be considered part of the work. After >> > all, expletives towards demigods have occurred since time immemorial, >> > and will surely continue. >> >> Yes, they were totally justified — but usually not helpful. Most times >> they needlessly hurt people who then often stopped contributing. A >> friendly text may have helped to stay together and actually fix the >> problem to move forward as community. - Arne > > Nobody gets hurt. It is commonly a type of vengeance (a form of > retaliation) intended to dissuade contrarian views directed towards > the developers. I think there’s a misunderstanding here. When I ranted, my rants were justified, but my rants hurt people and that did not help. So not ranting but instead writing a friendly text would have been the better choice. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de