tags 67916 + patch quit Basil L. Contovounesios [2023-12-19 22:49 +0100] wrote: > WDYT? Couple of sample patches to follow. I attach a patch each for emacs.git and elpa.git. Their main intention was emitting a lexical-binding cookie in -pkg.el files, but even if we decide against that, the patches contain some other cleanups which are hopefully welcome. Question for Philip: package-vc--generate-description-file currently passes: :kind 'vc unquoted to define-package, which results in the -pkg.el contents: (define-package ... :kind vc ... :keywords '(...) ...) Note the difference in quoting between :kind and :keywords. Is this intentional? Or can/should :kind pass through macroexp-quote as well? Questions for Stefan: - Which version of Emacs can/does elpa-admin.el assume? - When the FIXME in elpaa--write-pkg-file says to use package-generate-description-file, does that mean reuse its guts like I did in package-vc.el with package--write-description-file? Or was the idea rather to have elpaa--write-pkg-file create synthetic package-desc structs for passing to the public API of package-generate-description-file directly? Thanks, -- Basil